Health calendar 2/19/08
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
* Angels of God prayer group: 6 p.m. in the Pastoral Care conference room at Saint Francis Medical Center. For parents who have lost a child of any age. Call 331-5146 Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., with questions. The day you plan to attend, call 331-5118 and leave a message for Father Augustine.
* Vaccine program: Why Immunize?: 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the Harrison Room at Southeast Missouri Hospital. A pediatrician with Physician Associates will address questions and concerns about childhood vaccinations at a free program. To register, call 651-5825 or visit www.southeastmissourihospital.com.
n Flu shot clinic: 7 to 10 a.m. at Fitness Plus. There is a fee, and medicare and insurance are not accepted. No appointment is necessary. Call 331-5316 for more information.
* We Can support group: 4 to 6 p.m. in meeting room 102 at Southeast Missouri Hospital. The program is titled "Family Support During Cancer." For more information, call the Generations Family Resource Center at 651-5825 or the hospital's Pastoral Care at 651-5519.
* Stroke and osteoporosis screening: 9 a.m. at the Knights of Columbus hall at 318 Spanish St. There will be a complete screening package including a new heart rhythm screening. All five screenings take 60 to 90 minutes. Pre-registration is required. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 888-754-1464.
* Childbirth preparation class: 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in meeting room 106 at Southeast Missouri Hospital. The class is to ease the concerns of expectant parents and give them a positive, confident attitude toward labor and delivery. Pre-registration is required. Call the Generations Family Resource Center at 651-5825 or visit www.southeastmissourihospital.com.
* Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening: 7 to 11 a.m. at Saint Francis Medical Center, offered by the Saint Francis Medical Center Heart Institute. For more information on the screening or to schedule an appointment, call Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery at 331-3155.
* Missouri Department of Transportation, Sikeston, Mo., 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* Cape Christian School, Cape Girardeau, 2:30 to 6:30 p.m.
* Advance High School, Advance, Mo., 1 to 6 p.m.