- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Mindy Welland and Donald Swanner Jr. exchanged vows Sept. 27, 2003, at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church. The Rev. J. Friedel performed the ceremony. Music was by the Kinnison Family of Perryville.
Parents of the bride are David and Linda Welland of Perryville. The groom is the son of Donald and Madelene Swanner of Scott City.
Maids of honor were Cori Welland of St. Louis and Holly Welland of Perryville, sisters of the bride. Bridesmaids were Jessica York, Amy Zinser, Jessica Lockwood, all of St. Louis, Hannah Moore and Leticia Kelley of Perryville, and Kim Swanner of Perryville, sister of the groom.
Scott Hamann of Cape Girardeau and Mark Zelle of St. Louis were best men. Groomsmen were Robert Marable of Orlando, Fla., Marcellus Jones of Cape Girardeau, Eric VanOostrom of Indianapolis, Ind., Matt Schumer and Mike Hovis of Cape Girardeau, and Brandon Swanner of St. Louis, brother of the groom. Ushers were Justin Wilson of Granite City, Ill., and Jeff Diebold of St. Louis.
Flower girl was Olivia Saulsberry of Cape Girardeau, daughter of Danielle Usery and Dwayne Saulsberry. Ringbearer was Tyller Arnold of Ste. Genevieve, son of Jason and Christina Arnold, and godson of the bride.
Guest book and program attendants were Mickell Swanner and Katie Woodworth, nieces of the groom, and Joel St. John, nephew of the groom.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the American Legion Hall in Perryville.
The parents of the bride and groom hosted the rehearsal dinner Sept. 26 at the American Legion Hall.
Mrs. Swanner received a degree in elementary education from Southeast Missouri State University, and is pursuing a master's degree in education through Webster University in St. Louis. She is a fourth grade teacher with Cape Girardeau Public Schools.
The groom received a degree in philosophy from Southeast University. He is general manager at Buckner's Brewing Co.
After a wedding trip to Curacao, the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.