- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Velda M. Winkler, 74, of Perryville died Sunday, Feb. 15, 2004, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
She was born Jan. 18, 1930, at Perry County, daughter of Clarence T. and Olivia M. Chavaux Pe-caut. She and Linus L. "Buddy" Winkler were married April 19, 1952, at Perryville.
Winkler was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church at Perryville. She was also a member of the K of C Auxilary and a member of AARP.
Survivors include her husband; one daughter, Mary A. Milfelt of Perryville; three sons, Lynn F. Winkler of Cape Girardeau, Timothy J. Winkler and David W. Winkler, both of Perryville; one sister, Stella M. Fassold of Perryville; one brother, Donald F. Pecaut of Perryville; ten grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three sisters and two brothers.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home at Perryville from 5 to 9 p.m. today, with parish prayers at 7 p.m. Visitation will also be from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. Tuesday, with the rosary being recited at 9 a.m.
Funeral will be at the St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church at 10 a.m. Tuesday. The Rev. Kevin P. Fausz will officiate, with burial at the Mount Hope Cemetery at Perryville.