- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)6
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)3
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda
7 p.m. Tuesday
City hall, 401 Independence
Study session at 5 p.m.
(Second and third readings)
An ordinance amending the city code regarding fireworks.
An ordinance approving the record plat of McLane Outlot No. 1 Subdivision at Route K and Broadview.
An ordinance establishing the boundaries of a sewer district to serve 19 duplexes and a community building to be constructed on Jefferson Street between West End Boulevard and Missouri Street.
An ordinance amending the city code relating to sales of alcohol near schools and churches.
An ordinance rezoning 413 and 415 Louisiana St. from R-3, two-family dwelling district, to R-4, multifamily dwelling district.
An ordinance granting a special use permit to Southeast Missouri Hospital Association to maintain a temporary office in a modular building at 2126 Independence.New ordinances
An ordinance appropriating funds for debt service payments.
An ordinance suspending the compensation of council members until April 1, 2005.
An ordinance calling for an election on a proposed quarter-cent fire sales tax.
A resolution to execute a service agreement with Southwestern Bell for pay phone service in the city jail.Appointments
Appointments to the Cable Television Advisory Committee.
Other Discussion on a proposed ordinance regarding after-hours clubs.