- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Community briefs 02/16/04
Counseling foundation holding fund raiser
The 11th annual doctor/ lawyer basketball showdown will be at 8 p.m. March 5 at the Notre Dame Regional High School gym. Proceeds benefit the Community Counseling Center Foundation, a private, nonprofit comprehensive mental health-care center providing services to children, adults and families. For more information, call Kelly Morton at 651-6296, Linda Puchbauer at 204-8448 or Larry Essner at 334-1100.
Elks Mobile Dental Unit setting up shop
The Elks Mobile Dental Unit, now in its 42nd year of providing dental services to mentally retarded, developmentally disabled and Missourians under extreme financial distress, is scheduled to visit the Festus-Crystal City Elks Lodge during regular business hours Mondays to Thursdays, Feb. 23 to March 25. For more information on eligibility, call (573) 690-6003.
Jump rope event marks 25th anniversary
The American Heart Association will celebrate its 25th year of Jump Rope for Heart this year. The Jackson All City Jump Rope for Heart will be held from 3:30 to 6 p.m. March 5 at the Jackson Middle School gym. The Show Me Jumpers, a demonstration team out of St. Charles, will perform. Parents willing to help may contact Tarolyn Johnson at (800) 579-1977 extension 5906 or by e-mail at tarolyn.johnson@ heart.org.
IAAP meeting at Drury Lodge on Tuesday
The International Association of Administrative Professionals will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Drury Lodge. The topic will be "Nutrition for the Working Woman." For more information, call Sherri Jenkins at 651-2112.
Dental program coming to two area schools
Delta Dental of Missouri will present "Teeth on the Go," an interactive program to teach children about the importance of good oral health on Wednesday. The program will be at 9:30 a.m. at Nell Holcomb Elementary School and at 1 p.m. at Kelly Elementary School.
-- From staff reports