- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Two injured in Saturday accident
ANNA, Ill. -- Billie Henderson, who was defeated in the Feb. 5 Democratic primary for Union County circuit clerk, was cited for improper lane usage following a traffic accident at 10:10 a.m. Saturday on Old U.S. 51 just north of Kaolin Road.
According to the Illinois State Police, Henderson, 48, of Cobden, Ill., was driving a 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche when it crossed the center line, hitting a 2001 Dodge Ram driven by Patricia Elkins, 43, of Jonesboro, Ill.
Henderson was taken to Heartland Regional Hospital in Marion, Ill., and Elkins was taken to Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill. Both suffered incapacitating injuries, police said.