- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ANNA, Ill. -- Mary Louise Newberry, 78, of Anna died Friday, Feb. 15, 2008, at her home.
She was born Sept. 18, 1929, in Jonesboro, Ill., daughter of Ernest and Nancy Dixon Hurst. She married Haskell Newberry July 17, 1948, in Osceola, Ark. He died Oct. 6, 1996.
Newberry was a member of the Church of God.
Survivors include three daughters, Sue Swink and Linda Dillon of Jonesboro, Jeannie Pollard of Anna; a son, Bobby Newberry of Arab, Mo.; a sister, Kathryn Treece of Riley, Mich.; seven grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Larry Miller officiating. Burial will be in Cobden Cemetery.