- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Graveside service for Cople Lillie Evans, 89, of Austin, Texas, was held Friday at Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. Donny Ford officiated.
Evans died Monday, Feb. 11, 2008, at South Austin Hospital in Austin.
She was born Oct. 3, 1918, in McGee, Mo., daughter of Charles and Maud B. Lincoln Carnes. She married James R. Jones in 1941. He preceded her in death in 1953. She then married John B. Evans in 1971. He preceded her in death in 1989.
Evans had worked at International Shoe Co. 25 years. She moved to Austin from Cape Girardeau seven years ago.
Survivors include a son, Roy Lee Jones of Kansas City, Mo.; a daughter, Carolyn Franke of Austin; a grandchild; and two great-grandchildren.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.