- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Redhawks win at tournament, improve to 3-0
MONROE, La. -- The Southeast Missouri State softball team picked up its third straight win to start the season Friday.
The Redhawks defeated Central Arkansas 5-3 in their first game of the Mardi Gras Tournament hosted by Louisiana-Monroe.
Katie Otterness delivered a two-run double in the bottom of the sixth inning to break a 3-3 tie. Otterness went 4-for-4 to lead the Redhawks' nine-hit attack.
Cape Central product Megan McDonald accounted for Southeast's other scoring with a three-run homer in the third inning that tied the contest. It was McDonald's second home run of the season.
Elaine Fisher settled down after allowing three first-inning runs to notch her second win. She pitched her second complete game, allowing six hits while striking out nine and walking one.
Michelle Summers added two hits for the Redhawks.
Southeast continues tournament play today with two games, against host Louisiana-Monroe at noon and Arkansas-Pine Bluff at 7 p.m.