- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Three towns under boil-water orders
The towns of Randles in Cape Girardeau County, Perkins in Scott County and Painton in Stoddard County are under a boil-water advisory until 5 p.m. Saturday.
Tap water intended for drinking, food preparation, making ice and brushing teeth should be boiled for at least three minutes.
"We have had a terrible power loss here. We spent the entire day searching for a generator to put on the pump an old water line system," said Bill Knoderer, board member of Stoddard County Water District No. 2, which serves all three communities.
The generator powers the water pump but does not extend to the district's chlorinating system.
More than 200 people are still without power in the city of Perkins.