- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Cape/Jackson fire report 2/14/08
Firefighters responded to the following calls:
* 17 calls for emergency medical service.
* 69 calls for alarms sounding.
* 57 calls for lines down.
* At 5:25 a.m. Tuesday, a transformer sparking in the 1600 block of Oak Lane.
* At 10:51 a.m. Tuesday, an illegal burn at 300 S. Middle St.
* At 12:18 p.m. Tuesday, a gas leak in the 4400 block of Nash Road.
* At 3:26 p.m. Tuesday, a tree down at 1900 Perryville Road.
* At 5:02 p.m. Tuesday, a flue fire at 2000 Evergreen Drive.
* At 5:52 p.m. Tuesday, a structure fire at 300 Hillcrest Drive.
* At 6:02 p.m. Tuesday, an illegal burn at 1700 N. Sprigg St.
* At 7:14 p.m., an electric problem in the 200 block of O'Connell Street.
Firefighters responded to the following calls Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday:
* Three flue fires.
* 17 reports of lines down.
* 18 calls for emergency medical service.
* Four calls for alarms sounding.
* 12 calls for citizen assists.