- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
DONGOLA, Ill. -- Marvin R. Howell, 88, of Dongola died Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2008, at the Illinois Veteran's Home in Anna, Ill.
He was born Feb. 12, 1920, in Goreville, Ill., son of William and Edna Howell.
He married Opal Owens on June 28, 1943 in Charleston, Mo. She preceded him in death Feb. 25, 2006.
He attended school in Anna and served with the 38th Calvary Reconnaissance Troop Mechanized from 1942 through 1945. He was awarded several medals including the Liberation Ribbon with one Bronze Star.
Survivors include a daughter, Carmen Brown of Cordova, Tenn.; a sister, Golda Brown of Anna; a granddaughter; and a grandson.
He was preceded in death by a brother, four sisters and a granddaughter.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro, Ill.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Landmark Pentecostal Church in Anna with Michael Brown and Derick Cummons officiating.
Burial will be at Dongola American Legion Cemetery. Carroll P. Foster Post 3455 Anna VFW will conduct military rites at the graveside.