- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- Virginia Tupper, 85, of Olive Branch died Thursday, Feb. 12, 2004, at the home of a daughter in Olive Branch.
She was born March 4, 1918, in Gale, Ill., daughter of Ernest and Eliza Jackson Prater. She married Chelsey "C.J." Tupper, who died Oct. 21, 2001.
Tupper was formerly of Thebes, Ill.
Survivors include four daughters, Betty Williams of Bloomsdale, Mo., Minnie Mormino of East Alton, Ill., Vickie Johnson of South Roxana, Ill., Rhonda Jackson of Olive Branch; a son, Chancey Tupper of Wilmington, Ill.; a sister, Pat Mathis of Gale; three brothers, Robert and Danny Prater of Gale, Leslie Prater of Olive Branch; 23 grandchildren; 30 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a daughter and two grandchildren.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill., from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Carl D. Fisher officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes.