- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Sheila Kay Boyd, 55, of Bertrand, Mo., passed away Friday, Feb. 13, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 12, 1948, in St. Louis, daughter of Dewel and Ella May Statler Smith. She and Jerry Wayne Boyd were married March 15, 1969.
Sheila worked more than 20 years at Gates Rubber Co. in Charleston, Mo., retiring in August 2003. She was a member of Sikeston Community Baptist Church and enjoyed singing in the choir.
Loving survivors include her husband; a daughter and son-in-law, Kim and Jim Monteith and their son Jacob of Jackson; her mother and stepfather, Ella May and Gene Hinkle of Marquand, Mo.; a sister, Vicki Dickson of Lebanon, Tenn.; and a sister-in-law, Rita Ridings of Patton, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her father, Dewel Smith, and a brother, Wayne Smith.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Dolan Rogers and Lee Fansler officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.