- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Valentine's dinner at area church
Greater Dimension Ministries in Cape Girardeau will offer a Valentine's Day dinner at 6 and 8 p.m. today. The theme for the evening is "Love blooms in winter in many different ways." For information, call 334-0616.
Cultural music group tours in area
New Song International, a cultural musical group whose members are from Hungary and Romania, will perform Eastern European folk songs during a service at New Life Fellowship Church Sunday. The "Poured Out" service is at 10:30 a.m. at the Cape Girardeau Senior Center. The group will dress in ethnic attire and share information about their country as well as songs. The group also talks about the fall of communism and the work of the church in their countries.
Handbell choir to perform at Gordonville
William Jewell College's handbell choir will perform during the 10:30 a.m. worship service Sunday at Zion United Methodist Church in Gordonville.
United Methodist women in area to meet
The Susana Wesley Circle at Centenary United Methodist Church will meet at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday in the church parlor. Ruth Dockins of the Area Agency on Aging will be the program guest. The women's group at Third Street United Methodist Church will meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the church. Mildred O'Neal will present the program.
Church to begin early service in March
First Baptist Church in Jackson will begin an 8 a.m. worship service March 7. The church currently has only one Sunday worship service.
Women's retreat planned in Perryville
First Baptist Church in Perryville will hold a women's retreat March 13. The event is from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The theme is "Joyful in the Journey" and will feature Sondra Burnett. Deadline for registration is Feb. 29. Cost is $15.
Centenary to begin 40 days of purpose
Centenary United Methodist Church will begin a study of "40 Days of Purpose" by Rick Warren. A kickoff event is planned at 5 p.m. Feb. 22 at the church's Family Life Center. For information, call the church office at 334-2879.
Several winter Bible studies offered
Several Stonecroft Bible studies are being offered during the winter. Studies are offered on 1 John, the Holy Spirit, Luke and James, Mark and communication in the family. For information about when groups meet in Cape Girardeau, contact Ruth Ann Ford at 334-1684 or Jo Leadbetter at 651-3598 or in Jackson, call Jane Boren at 243-1125 or Dee Maupin at 243-5023.
Gaither Homecoming comes to Carbondale
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- The Gaither Homecoming "Celebration Tour 2004" concert will be at SIU Arena in Carbondale Feb. 27. The show is at 7 p.m. and includes performances by the Gaither Vocal Band, Vestal Goodman, Jake Hess, The Isaacs, Jeff and Sheri Easter, Lynda Randle and others. For ticket information, call (888) 217-0301.
-- From staff reports