- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Crash kills one, injures three
Two small passenger cars collided head on early Friday evening on Highway 25, two miles south of Gordonville, said Cape Girardeau fire battalion chief Steve Niswonger.
Names of the deceased and three victims were unavailable. Cape Girardeau responders assisted Gordonville firefighters at the scene.
One car's engine caught fire and a male occupant suffered burns, Niswonger said.
The second car contained a husband and wife. The wife was killed in the crash. The husband had to be extricated from the vehicle because his right leg was pinned under the dashboard, Niswonger said.
The husband and the two survivors from the first car were flown by air ambulance to local hospitals.