- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Singh's top 10 string gets cut at Buick Inv.
SAN DIEGO -- Vijay Singh headed for the airport, not the practice range.
Golf's hottest player saw his streak of consecutive top 10s come to an abrupt end at 12 tournaments Friday when he missed the cut at the Buick Invitational. The closest he'll get to Tiger Woods this weekend is in front of the TV.
Even more surprising?
John Daly is in contention, taming the tough South course at Torrey Pines to finish only two shots out of the lead.
Lost in a wild day along the Pacific Ocean was Stewart Cink, who took only 22 putts on the easier North course and walked away with a 9-under 63 to take a two-shot lead over Daly and Steve Flesch.
Woods, meanwhile, flirted with the cut line briefly before making five birdies on his final 11 holes that gave him a 68, six shots behind Flesch with two rounds to go on the course he has dominated in recent years.
NAPLES, Fla. -- Gary Koch shot a tournament-record 62 to take the lead after the first round of The ACE Group Classic.
Koch finished at 10-under-par.
-- From wire reports