- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Singh's top 10 string gets cut at Buick Inv.
SAN DIEGO -- Vijay Singh headed for the airport, not the practice range.
Golf's hottest player saw his streak of consecutive top 10s come to an abrupt end at 12 tournaments Friday when he missed the cut at the Buick Invitational. The closest he'll get to Tiger Woods this weekend is in front of the TV.
Even more surprising?
John Daly is in contention, taming the tough South course at Torrey Pines to finish only two shots out of the lead.
Lost in a wild day along the Pacific Ocean was Stewart Cink, who took only 22 putts on the easier North course and walked away with a 9-under 63 to take a two-shot lead over Daly and Steve Flesch.
Woods, meanwhile, flirted with the cut line briefly before making five birdies on his final 11 holes that gave him a 68, six shots behind Flesch with two rounds to go on the course he has dominated in recent years.
NAPLES, Fla. -- Gary Koch shot a tournament-record 62 to take the lead after the first round of The ACE Group Classic.
Koch finished at 10-under-par.
-- From wire reports