- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Winter storm watch upgraded to warning
Check out cancelled events and classes for Monday, Feb. 11 here.
Read about what the storm has done out west at the Springfield, Mo., newspaper's site News-Leader.com.
The winter storm watch issued Sunday by the National Weather Service is upgraded to a winter storm warning.
Early this morning the National Weather Service office in Paducah, Ky., issued a winter storm warning for all of Southeast Missouri and Southern Illinois until 6 a.m. Tuesday.
The precipitation is expected to begin as snow and sleet across northern portions of Southeast Missouri this morning before spreading across the area as sleet and freezing rain later today and tonight.
Freezing rain is expected between Poplar Bluff, Mo., and Cape Girardeau.
The weather service warns that significant icing is possible and travel could become dangerous.
The high in Cape Girardeau will reach 31 degrees today, with a low of 29 tonight, the weather service is forecasting.