- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
People on the move 2/11/08
Mortgage originator promoted to new post
Regions Financial Corp., parent company of Regions Bank, announced the promotion of Robbie Guard as the new commercial relationship manager for a 13-county Southeast Missouri region. Prior to the post, Guard was a mortgage originator with Regions, where he was the No. 1 mortgage producer for the Southeast Missouri, Southern Illinois and Western Kentucky region for 2007. Guard holds a bachelor of science degree in public relations from Southeast Missouri State University.
Employee recognized for 25 years with company
Roger Tolliver of Cape Girardeau, president of Commerce Bank's Southeast Missouri Region, was recognized for 25 years with the company. Tolliver started with the bank in 1983 in Poplar Bluff, Mo., as a senior vice president. He was promoted to group manager for Southeast Missouri in 1988, named chairman of the board in 1989 and moved to Cape Girardeau in 2000 to become community bank president. Tolliver was presented a commemorative clock at a reception held in his honor.
Cape Girardeau business adds new staff member
Hendrickson Business Advisors of Cape Girardeau announced the addition of Kelly Roy to their staff. Roy moved to the firm after nine years in the insurance business with Albrecht-Hodges in Cape Girardeau, and will continue to provide insurance services through Capital Insurance and Associates.
Realty Executives hires licensed saleswoman
Realty Executives of Cape County announced the addition Rebecca Chipman, a licensed saleswoman, to their staff. Chipman recently moved to the area from Farmington, Mo., the firm said.
Modern Woodmen of America honor member
Chris Qualls of Jackson, district representative for Modern Woodmen of America, was named membership leader and rookie of the month in the Missouri East Agency for January. Qualls became full time with the agency in November.
Company moves worker to permanent position
Workforce Employment Solutions in Cape Girardeau announced the addition of Tammy Wentzel as a permanent full-time employee responsible for front-desk operations. Wentzel, originally from New York, moved with her family in September to the area and started at Workforce in a temporary position. Workforce operates in five Missouri cities as well as Illinois, Kansas and Texas.
-- From staff reports