- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. --Girthea Rosella Anderson, 93, of Patton, Mo., died Saturday, Feb. 9, 2008, at Perry Oaks Manor in Perryville.
She was born Feb. 19, 1914, in Cardwell, Mo., daughter of John W. and Ader E. Turpin Pattrison. She and William Earl Anderson were married July 24, 1937. He died Sept. 6, 1985.
Anderson was a member of the Happy Old People of Patton, and a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Timber Ridge.
Survivors include two sons, Kenneth W. Anderson of St. Louis, Charles M. Anderson of Troy, Mo.; two daughters, Joy Sue Stevens and Mary Lou Castello, both of St. Louis; a sister, Glendola Hogland of Phoenix; nine grandchildren; 25 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Patton.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Steska officiating. Burial will follow in the Patton Cemetery in Patton.