- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Flapjack meal makes Guinness record book
FARGO, N.D. -- This feast was for the record books, and it only took 34,818 pancakes to get there.
Thousands of people, including an official with Guinness World Records, escaped the cold winter weather Saturday for the 50th anniversary of The Kiwanis Club's Pancake Karnival fundraiser.
Grillers flipped flapjacks and served them for most of the day until they surpassed the 30,724 pancakes served in 2002 by the Lubbock, Texas, Lions Club.
"We're officially the largest pancake feed in the world," Matt Sullivan, president of The Kiwanis Club, said Sunday.
The group had brought in Kris Teufel, a records manager from London, to certify the feed, Sullivan said. The cost of the feast was being tallied, but organizers felt it was worth it for the event's silver anniversary, he said.