- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Trial set for Ill. teacher accused of molesting 11 students
URBANA, Ill. -- The trial for a central Illinois teacher accused of sexually molesting eleven children has been set for Feb. 25.
The children, who range in age from 8 to 14, are expected to be key witnesses in the trial of Jon White.
He's charged with predatory criminal sexual assault for allegedly molesting nine girls at Urbana's Thomas Paine Elementary School and two girls at Colene Hoose Elementary School in Normal.
The Champaign County case has been moved to Decatur because of extensive news coverage.
White's trial is set to take three weeks. He faces a mandatory life sentence if convicted of at least two of the assault charges.