- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Maxine Breezeel, 79, of Jackson died Thursday, Feb. 7, 2008, at Monticello House.
She was born July 24, 1928, in Detroit, daughter of Rufus and Nora Mae Jones Rule. She and Rudy Breezeel were married Dec. 20, 1946, in Corinth, Miss. He died January 1990.
She was a member of Jackson Church of Christ. She worked more than 25 years at Inland Shoe Co. in Advance, Mo., and also at Columbia Sportswear in Chaffee, Mo.
Survivors include two sons, Phillip Breezeel of Springfield, Ill., Gary Breezeel of Indianapolis; a brother, Gerald Rule of Murray, Ky.; a sister, Hilda McKenzie of Murray; four grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Brian McAllister officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.