- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Kennett publisher now in charge of three more papers
KENNETT, Mo. -- Bud Hunt, publisher of the Daily Dunklin Democrat in Kennett, has been named publisher of The Daily Statesman in Dexter, the Delta News Citizen in Malden and the North Stoddard Countian newspaper, which serves Advance and Bloomfield.
He succeeds Barbara Hill, publisher of the Delta North properties for Rust Communications, who retired Jan. 31.
Hill began her career with the Dexter Statesman in 1962 as a reporter. She was editor before becoming advertising manager in 1974. In 1991, she became publisher of the Dexter and Kennett daily newspapers and also assumed the publisher's duties when Malden, Bloomfield and Advance were added to the Delta properties.
Hunt has been publisher of the Kennett newspaper since 1994. Before that, he was editor of the newspaper.
The Delta North newspapers are a part of Rust Communications, which includes 17 daily newspapers and 35 weekly newspapers as well as numerous shoppers and specialty publications in seven states.