- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jesse Mize Jr.
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Jesse F. Mize Jr., 81, of Mounds died Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Jan. 20, 1927, at Mounds, son of Jesse F. and Edith Sims Mize Sr. He married Betty Jean Mize, who died in 1997.
Mize was a retired auto mechanic.
Survivors include three daughters, Carol Mize and Janet Adair of Mounds, Patty Riedel of St. Louis; two sisters, Erma Essex of Villa Ridge, Ill., Lillian Bagby of Olmsted, Ill.; two brothers, Barry Mize of Niles, Mich., Billy Mize of Little Rock, Ark.; seven grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by a brother and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to service time Friday at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Spencer Heights Cemetery at Mounds.