- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
GLENNON, Mo. -- Marie Caroline Rellergert, 89, of Glennon passed away Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 5, 1918, in Leopold, Mo., daughter of the late William J. and Bertha Lenderink Nenninger. She and Robert J. Rellergert were married April 19, 1947, at St. Anthony's Catholic Church in Glennon. He passed away Nov. 9, 2006.
Marie had worked as an aide at the old Saint Francis Hospital in Cape Girardeau, at Jackson Manor in Jackson and at VanGennip's Store at Leopold. She enjoyed gardening, flowers and raising chickens. Marie had been a member of St. Anthony's Church more than 45 years and the parish's St. Ann's Sodality.
Loving survivors include two daughters, Carol (Tee) Trankler of Jackson and Glenda (Greg) Peters of Marble Hill, Mo.; four grandsons, Jeff (Kim) Trankler of Cape Girardeau, David (Beverly) and Stacy Peters of Marble Hill, Bret Peters of Cape Girardeau; two granddaughters, Rhonda (Wayne) Bartels and Jennifer (Josh) Turner, all of Jackson; and five great-grandchildren, Austin and Madelyn Bartels, and Katy, Molly and Anna Turner, all of Jackson. She is also survived by two sisters, Alma VanGennip of Advance, Mo., and Wilma (John) VanGennip of Leopold.
She was preceded in death by a sister, Josephine Fisher.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill. Parish prayers will be at 7. A family rosary will be recited Friday at 8:45 a.m. at the chapel.
A Mass of Christian burial will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Anthony's Church, with the Rev. Bill Huggins officiating. Burial will be in St. Anthony's Cemetery.