- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
High school students in our area continue to demonstrate high levels of accomplishments in many areas. Recently, academic teams from Poplar Bluff to Festus competed at Jackson High School. Notre Dame Regional High School, Jackson High School, Cape Girardeau's Central HIgh School and Festus High School were the top winners.
That same weekend, high school artists from Southeast Missouri and Southern Illinois experienced the thrill of having their work displayed in the 30th annual High School Art Exhibition at the Crisp Museum on Southeast Missouri State University's River Campus.
The skill and dedication of both the young academics and the young artists showed the intensity of the teenagers involved. Their efforts also demonstrated the high level of guidance and coaching the students are receiving from dedicated teachers who inspire and lead the cheering.
Congratulations to all the students who participated in the art show and academic competition. Your accomplishments are an inspiration to your fellow students as well as many adults who will soon be depending on your leadership and decisions in the years to come.