- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
High school students in our area continue to demonstrate high levels of accomplishments in many areas. Recently, academic teams from Poplar Bluff to Festus competed at Jackson High School. Notre Dame Regional High School, Jackson High School, Cape Girardeau's Central HIgh School and Festus High School were the top winners.
That same weekend, high school artists from Southeast Missouri and Southern Illinois experienced the thrill of having their work displayed in the 30th annual High School Art Exhibition at the Crisp Museum on Southeast Missouri State University's River Campus.
The skill and dedication of both the young academics and the young artists showed the intensity of the teenagers involved. Their efforts also demonstrated the high level of guidance and coaching the students are receiving from dedicated teachers who inspire and lead the cheering.
Congratulations to all the students who participated in the art show and academic competition. Your accomplishments are an inspiration to your fellow students as well as many adults who will soon be depending on your leadership and decisions in the years to come.