- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Community cuisine 2/7/08
Meals with Friends served at Salvation Army
The Salvation Army will serve free meals from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Feb. 25 to 29 at 701 Good Hope St. in Cape Girardeau. All desserts include cake or pie. The menu for Monday is turkey and noodles, green beans, applesauce, bread and butter; Tuesday's menu is shepherd's pie, mashed potatoes, applesauce, bread and butter; Wednesday's menu is burritos, refried beans, applesauce; Thursday's menu is chicken, corn, mashed potatoes, rolls and butter; Friday's menu is hot dogs, pork and beans, chips, applesauce.
Sausage supper held at Cape church
The Hanover Lutheran Church Men's Club will hold a sausage supper at 3:30 p.m. March 2 at the church, 2949 Perryville Road in Cape Girardeau. The menu includes whole hog sausage, potatoes, kraut, green beans, bread, apple butter, dessert and drink. Sponsored by Thrivent and the Men's Club. The meal will be served buffet style, and carryouts will available. The price is discounted for children 6 to 12; children 5 and younger eat free.
-- From staff reports