- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SWINTON, Mo. -- Billy Dean Davis, 75, of Swinton died Monday, Feb. 4, 2008, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 4, 1932, in Humboldt, Tenn., son of Luther and Flossie Cagle Davis. He and Elodie Dixon were married Oct. 10, 1971, in Advance, Mo.
Davis was a farmer, businessman, and had been pastor of the Church of Christ in Advance 47 years.
He was a graduate of Steele High School, and served in the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Michael Davis of Bloomfield, Mo.; three daughters, Pam Fuller of Swinton, Dr. Sheila Perry of Bloomfield, Sandy Wheetley of Advance; three brothers, William and Lloyd Davis of DeSoto, Mo., Stanley Davis of Michigan City, Ind.; a sister, Maggie Fain of Ocean Springs, Miss.; eight grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Bryan McAlister officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park Cemetery.