- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Two Southeast Missouri highways to be dedicated Friday and Saturday
Two dedication ceremonies will be held this week for memorial highways.
The Sgt. Carl Dewayne Graham Jr. Memorial Highway will be dedicated at 10 a.m. Friday at the National Guard Armory in Dexter, Mo. The section of Highway 60 in his honor runs from Highway ZZ to Highway 25 in Dexter. Before joining the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Graham was a Dexter police officer, according to a news release from the Missouri Department of Transportation.
The Aaron McKinney Memorial Highway will be dedicated at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Scopus Methodist Church in Scopus, Mo. Highway B, from the intersection of Highway 34 to the intersection of Highway UU, will be named in his honor. According to the release, McKinney died on the road in 2004. He was a Woodland High School student.
MoDOT also put out releases Wednesday about road work in Perry and Cape Girardeau counties.
Highway 61 in Perry County will be reduced to one lane from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday as crews repair guardrails, weather permitting. According to a news release, "The repairs will be made in the southbound lane near the Cinque Hommes Bridge just north of Route P."
Highway 51 will also be reduced to one lane Thursday in Perry County, from 7:30 a.m. to noon, as repairs are made to a guardrail just south of the Chester Bridge.
The Highway E service road (County Road 433) in Cape Girardeau County will be closed from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday while MoDOT performs drainage work.