- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PATTON, Mo. -- Richard C. Wallis, 47, of Patton died Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2004. He was struck by a hit-and-run driver while working near Hayti, Mo.
He was born Oct. 9, 1956, in St. Louis, son of Carl J. and Margaret Smith Wallis. He and Kathy A. Dees were married June 24, 1979, at Marquand, Mo.
Wallis was an electrician with Cotner Electric Co. in Cape Girardeau. He was a member of Patton United Methodist Church, and a certified lay speaker for the United Methodist Church.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Lance and Bryce Wallis of Patton; his mother of Patton; a brother, Charles Wallis of Ste. Genevieve, Mo.; and a sister, Virginia Yawn of Panama City, Fla.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Patton after 3 p.m. today, and after 9 a.m. Friday at Patton United Methodist Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the church, with the Revs. Fred Rister and W.D. Snyder officiating. Burial will be in Patton Community Cemetery.