- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Health calendar 2/12/04
Preparation for childbirth class 2 meets from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Healing Arts Center conference room.
La Leche League (Breast Feeding) Support Group meet from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in conference room A at St. Francis Medical Center. Call Carol Stoverink at 334-2705 for information.
Asthma education program at 6:30 p.m. in case management classroom at Southeast Missouri Hospital. Registration is required; call 651-5825 to sign up for the class.
Ron Inman will speak about industrial medicine on "Ask your doctor" at 8 p.m. on cable channel 5.
CPR for health-care providers from 8 a.m. to noon at Main Street Fitness Center in Jackson. The class is $20. To register, call 243-2211.
Preparation for childbirth class from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Healing Arts Center. This class is an alternative to the Thursday night four-week class.
Blood drive from 8 a.m. to noon at St. Vincent De Paul Church in Cape Girardeau.
Lipid profile screening from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Jackson. A 10-hour fast is required; appointments are needed. Call the Generations Center at 651-5825.
Sibling Class meets from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in the Healing Arts Center. This class is designed for children ages 3 to 9.
Our New Baby Class offered for children ages 2 to 4 and their parents at 6 p.m. in the Generations Resource Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital. Pre-registration is required; call 651-5825.
Griefshare seminar at 7 p.m. at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Jackson. Topic is "growing through grief." For information, call the church at 243-2236.
Lipid profile screening from 8:30 to 11 a.m. at La Croix United Methodist Church. Appointments are needed; call 651-5825 to register.
Fibromyalgia Support Group meets at 2 p.m. For more information call Marilyn Duncan at 331-5880.
Seminar on carpal tunnel syndrome with Dr. Scott Gibbs at 6:30 p.m. in the Harrison Room at Southeast Missouri Hospital. For information, call 651-5825.
Lunch and Learn program at noon at Main Street Fitness Center in Jackson. Program is on safe medication usage and preventing fall for older adults. Fee is $5 and includes lunch. Call 243-2211 to register.
Cholesterol and your heart seminar at 2 p.m. at the Cape Girardeau Public Library, hosted by the Generations Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital. For information, call the library at 334-5279.
Grandparent program on baby care from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the Generations Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
Grief support group meets at 1 p.m. in meeting room 102 at Southeast Missouri Hospital. For information, phone 335-6208 or 651-5519.
-- From staff reports