- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Senator turns hero
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- A state senator quietly turned into something of a hero in his Capitol office Wednesday by performing the Heimlich maneuver on a choking lobbyist.
Sen. Bill Foster, R-Poplar Bluff, came to the aid of Mike Wood, a lobbyist for the Missouri State Teachers' Association, when Wood began choking on a jelly bean.