- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape Girardeau, Sikeston men arrested in stolen vehicle parts investigation
On Friday, the Scott County Sheriff's Department sent out this press release:
BENTON, Mo. - Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter said today that two Southeast Missouri men were arrested Wednesday afternoon, following an investigation into the theft of stolen vehicle parts.
Walter said Charles Gross, 47, of Cape Girardeau and Lee R. Dykes, 44 of Sikeston, were arrested and charged with felony receiving stolen property and each p[osted a $10,000.00 bond.
According to Walter, the investigation concerned some stolen heavy equipment parts, stolen near Benton. While recovering the stolen property at a local salvage yard, detectives located and arrested the two suspects as they tried to sell more scrap metal.
Walter said the theft of metals such as copper and aluminum have increased dramatically over the past year, and hopes that continued arrests and convictions of these thieves will make people stop and think before they try to take someone else's property.