- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Huey Bernard Daniel, 76, of Scott City died Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2008, at his home.
He was born Aug. 27, 1931, in Summerdale, Ala., son of William Abel and Zuma Mae Burns Daniel. He and Barbara Nell Traylor were married June 1, 1953, in Winter Haven, Fla.
Daniel retired in 1992 as a truck driver with ABF. He was a member of Commerce Baptist Church in Commerce, Mo., Masonic Lodge 184 AF&AM in Morley, Mo., and Men's Seekers Class of Lynwood Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his wife; a son, David Daniel of Scott City; two daughters, Rebecca Ledbetter of Cape Girardeau, Cynthia Milam of Benton, Mo.; a sister, Elizabeth Daniel of Winter Haven; six grandchildren, Robert D. Milam, Amber Jones, Ginger England Earnest, Danielle Milam, Shawn Daniel and Matthew Simms; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, three brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City, and from 10 a.m. to service time Friday at Commerce Baptist Church. A Masonic service will be held at 7 tonight.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the church, with the Rev. David Thompson officiating. Burial will be in Oakdale Cemetery at Commerce.