- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Frances Helena Coble Reed, 93, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2008, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center.
She was born June 16, 1914, in Graysville, Ky., daughter of John Thomas and Louisa Bom Coble. She and Clyde E. Reed were married Dec. 23, 1963, in Benton, Mo. He died Jan. 5, 2007.
A lifelong member of Seventh-day Adventist Church, Helena's entire life bore eloquent testimony to her deep and abiding faith. Her family expresses deep gratitude to Southeast Hospice and all other caregivers during her lengthy illness.
She had been a cook on riverboats 10 years. She was awarded Volunteer of the Year for her association with Meals On Wheels in Scott City. She was a member of Commerce Better Community Club.
She is survived by three sons, Clyde E. Reed Jr. and wife Fran of Big Canoe, Ga., Odis R. Reed and wife Gloria of Houston, Texas, Rodger D. Reed and wife Connie of Jackson; two daughters, Patricia J. LeGrand and husband Maurice of Houston, Susan E. Bond and husband Jay of Cape Girardeau; a brother, George Coble of California; 12 grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a son, Virgil Lee Norton; a brother; and three sisters.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to service time Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tom Morris officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hills Memorial Gardens at Morley, Mo.
Memorials may be made to Southeast Hospice, 10 Doctors Park, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63703.