- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Frances M. Sanders, 80, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Feb. 8, 2004, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Aug. 17, 1923, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Raymond A. and Clara Glaus Stehr. She and Louis E. Sanders were married May 28, 1956, at St. Mary's Cathedral.
Mrs. Sanders had been a payroll clerk at International Shoe Co. She was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral and St. Mary's Council of Catholic Women.
Survivors include her husband; a son, David Sanders; three daughters, Susan Sanders, Jean Hermsdorfer and husband Paul, Sharon Sanders; a sister, Margaret Seyer and husband Mark; two granddaughters, Katherine Mayer Webster and husband George Webster III, and Laura Hermsdorfer, all of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel from 4:30 to 8 p.m. today. Parish prayers will be at 7.
The funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Thomas Kiefer and the Rev. James Seyer officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Masses, St. Mary's School, or Notre Dame High School.