- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Tornado warning issued
A tornado warning for eastern Cape Girardeau County, northern Alexander County and northwestern Pulaski County and Union County is in effect until 4:45 p.m. A funnel cloud was spotted near Reynoldsville moving east at 60 mph at 4:12 p.m.
The thunderstorm warning for the same area, plus northern Scott County, is in effect until 4:45 p.m
If you see a funnel cloud, act quickly and move to a place of safety, in a sturdy structure, such as a basement or interior room.
Destructive winds in excess of 80 to 100 miles an hour are predicted. Once the storm passes, temperatures are expected to drop by nearly 20 degrees. Drivers are advised to use caution. The wind advisory is in effect until midnight.