- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
High wind alert
A high-wind advisory has been issued by the National Weather Service
for the following counties: Cape Girardeau, Scott, Bollinger, Wayne, Stoddard, Mississippi and New Madrid, as well as Alexander County, Ill.
Winds will average 20 to 30 miles an hour, gusting up to 45 to 50 miles an hour until midnight.
Drivers, especially those in high-profile vehicles, will feel the effects and should take extra caution while traveling. Outdoor belongings should be brought inside or secured. Waves will also be dangerous on waterways.
Advisories are issued when sustained winds are expected to reach 30 miles an hour or greater for more than an hour or gusts reach 45 miles an hour for any duration, according to the weather service statement.