- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
BENTON, Mo. -- Virginia Lee Dix, 85, of Benton died Monday, Jan. 28, 2008, at Ratliff Care Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 19, 1922, at Quaker, Mo., daughter of Wesley and Belle Tedder Martin. She and Arthur Dewey Dix were married Feb. 19, 1939, and he died Nov. 18, 1988.
Dix was a member of the Unity Baptist Church in Benton.
Survivors include two sons, Arthur "Ray" Dix of Festus, and David Lee Dix of Desloge, Mo.; two daughters, Barbara A. Hettenhouser of Benton, Mo., and Dianna Kluesner of New Hamburg, Mo.; a brother, Glenwood Martin of Desloge; a sister, Rosemary Crocker of Pevely, Mo.; 12 grandchildren; and 16 great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Dennis Lowe officiating. Burial will be in Unity Baptist Cemetery in Benton.