- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Tilmon R. Blocker, 76, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Jan. 28, 2008, at his home.
He was born Sept. 17, 1931, son of Tilmon and Ruth Russell Blocker.
He married Evelyn Fornkohl on March 18, 1961, in Marble Hill, Mo.
He served in the United States Navy during the Korean War as a GM3. He had been employed with Rose Barge Lines, Cape Poster and the city of Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his wife, Evelyn Blocker of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Edith Lowes of Cape Girardeau; and a grandchild.
He was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call from 4:30 to 8 p.m. today at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Thomas Kiefer officiating.
Burial will be at Fairmont Cemetery in Cape Girardeau with full military honors.