- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Rabies confirmed in Cape County after person bitten by bat (5/26/17)
- Man with prior sex convictions charged with abuse of a child 10 years ago (5/25/17)2
- New features at Cape Splash geared for kids; revenue has exceeded costs by more than $200K (5/24/17)1
River Campus keeps its promise
To the editor:Recently the River Campus of Southeast Missouri State University presented the St. Petersburg Ballet Theater in a performance of "Swan Lake." The performance was classical ballet at its best. The grace, style and elegance of the performance were beyond compare. The costumes and scenery added to the beauty of the whole production.
Who needs to travel to New York to see presentations of this quality? The River Campus during this premiere year is living up to its promise.
JERELYN McGINNIS HOROWITZ, Cape Girardeau