- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Alvis Lorene McCardle, 73, of Jackson, died Monday, Jan. 28, 2008, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 3, 1934, in Bollinger County, daughter of Alvie and Alma Leggett Lazenbee.
She was a retired machine operator for Florsheim Shoe Company in Cape Girardeau.
She was of the Pentecostal faith.
Survivors include a son, Hubert E. Hubbard of St. Louis; two daughters, Laura L. Murray and Loretta O'Neal, both of Doniphan, Mo.; a brother, Willard Thiele of Delta; a special friend, Roy Stone of Jackson; three grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
A graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Manson Cemetery near Leopold, Mo., with the Rev. Bertha Boyd officiating.
Amick Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.