- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Ellen M. Kiefer, 79, of Oran, Mo., died Sunday, Jan. 27, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 5, 1928, the daughter of Z.C. and Myrtle Moore Cody in Casa, Ark.
She was a retired house keeper and worked at Saint Francis Medical Center. She was a member of Assembly of God Church in Chaffee, Mo.
Kiefer is survived by two sons, Bernard Kiefer of Advance, Mo., and Vernon Kiefer of Jackson; three daughters, Camilla Dirnberger of Oran, Aleta Kiefer of St. Louis, and Patricia Evans of Delta; two brothers, William Cody and Sam Cody, both of St. Louis; two sisters, Vellen Patterson of Oran and Jannett Hampton of De Soto, Mo.; nine grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be at 5:30 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Darren Larkin officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hills Memorial Garden near Morely, Mo.