- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Kathryn Beavers Dover
MOUND CITY, Ill. --Kathryn "Kitty" Beavers Dover, 74, of Mound City died Saturday, Jan. 26, 2008, at her home.
Dover was born Dec. 3, 1933, in Scott County, Mo., daughter of James W. and Clara Baugher Beavers. She was married to Mark Dover Jr. He died Dec. 3, 2000.
She was a member of the St. Mary's Catholic Church in Mound City. She and her husband owned and operated the Dovers Green Door Tavern in Mound City for many years.
She is survived by a daughter, Sherri McCauley of Augusta, Ga.; a son, Donnie Dover of Mound City; a stepson, Mark Dover III of Anson, Maine; a brother James W. Beavers Jr. of Sikeston, Mo.; three sisters, Olive Cole of Poplar Bluff, Mo., Stella Dean Gosnell of Morehouse, Mo., and Frances Belle Kessler of Sikeston; seven grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a sister and a brother.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill., and from 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Mound City.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Mound City, with the Rev. John Agbasiere officiating. Burial will follow in St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery in Mounds.