- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Work out a deal on mortgages
To the editor:Wake up, people. It would be better to stop foreclosures and leave families in their homes than to have houses sitting empty. Let the owners either pay the interest on the note or pay what they were paying.
Common sense has gone out the window. Mortgage companies have gotten money nuts. There are so many positive ways to work with homeowners rather than put them out of their homes. Ask a builder how fast an empty house starts to go down when nobody lives in it.
So wake up, mortgage companies. Work with people. You might be surprised that it will work.
JAMES TIMBERLAKE, Cape Girardeau