- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Work out a deal on mortgages
To the editor:Wake up, people. It would be better to stop foreclosures and leave families in their homes than to have houses sitting empty. Let the owners either pay the interest on the note or pay what they were paying.
Common sense has gone out the window. Mortgage companies have gotten money nuts. There are so many positive ways to work with homeowners rather than put them out of their homes. Ask a builder how fast an empty house starts to go down when nobody lives in it.
So wake up, mortgage companies. Work with people. You might be surprised that it will work.
JAMES TIMBERLAKE, Cape Girardeau