- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)3
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)4
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Work out a deal on mortgages
To the editor:Wake up, people. It would be better to stop foreclosures and leave families in their homes than to have houses sitting empty. Let the owners either pay the interest on the note or pay what they were paying.
Common sense has gone out the window. Mortgage companies have gotten money nuts. There are so many positive ways to work with homeowners rather than put them out of their homes. Ask a builder how fast an empty house starts to go down when nobody lives in it.
So wake up, mortgage companies. Work with people. You might be surprised that it will work.
JAMES TIMBERLAKE, Cape Girardeau