- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)3
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
Work out a deal on mortgages
To the editor:Wake up, people. It would be better to stop foreclosures and leave families in their homes than to have houses sitting empty. Let the owners either pay the interest on the note or pay what they were paying.
Common sense has gone out the window. Mortgage companies have gotten money nuts. There are so many positive ways to work with homeowners rather than put them out of their homes. Ask a builder how fast an empty house starts to go down when nobody lives in it.
So wake up, mortgage companies. Work with people. You might be surprised that it will work.
JAMES TIMBERLAKE, Cape Girardeau