- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Two wounded in shooting at Target parking lot
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. -- Two Kansas City men have been wounded in a shooting at a Target parking lot in Independence.
The shooting happened around noon Saturday after the gunman got into an altercation with the two victims.
Independence Police Department spokesman Tom Gentry said the suspect fired about five shots from a shotgun at the victims as they got into their sport utility vehicle.
They drove to a nearby optometrist office, clipping a vehicle as they fled, and ran inside for help. They were taken to hospitals in the area. Gentry said their injuries are not considered life-threatening.
Meanwhile, police stopped the suspect's SUV about a block away from the Target store.
The suspect's name was not released.
He is from Independence.
All three men are in their late teens.