- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
Jackson police: Thanks for toys
To the editor:On behalf of the Jackson Police Department, I want to extend a huge thank you to everyone who donated to our annual toy drive this past Christmas.
We had another great year, and with your support we were able to give a record amount of toys to needy children.
It would be impossible for me to list all of you who donated, but you know who you are. It was greatly appreciated.
This is a difficult time of year for some families, and with your support I hope we made it a little easier.
We definitely put some smiles on the faces of children who wouldn't have had the Christmas they had hoped for.
Once again, from everyone at the Jackson Police Department, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
With your support I hope we can provide another great Christmas this year for those who need the help.
Lt. CHRIS J. MOUSER, Jackson Police Department