- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Jackson police: Thanks for toys
To the editor:On behalf of the Jackson Police Department, I want to extend a huge thank you to everyone who donated to our annual toy drive this past Christmas.
We had another great year, and with your support we were able to give a record amount of toys to needy children.
It would be impossible for me to list all of you who donated, but you know who you are. It was greatly appreciated.
This is a difficult time of year for some families, and with your support I hope we made it a little easier.
We definitely put some smiles on the faces of children who wouldn't have had the Christmas they had hoped for.
Once again, from everyone at the Jackson Police Department, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
With your support I hope we can provide another great Christmas this year for those who need the help.
Lt. CHRIS J. MOUSER, Jackson Police Department