- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)7
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Jackson police: Thanks for toys
To the editor:On behalf of the Jackson Police Department, I want to extend a huge thank you to everyone who donated to our annual toy drive this past Christmas.
We had another great year, and with your support we were able to give a record amount of toys to needy children.
It would be impossible for me to list all of you who donated, but you know who you are. It was greatly appreciated.
This is a difficult time of year for some families, and with your support I hope we made it a little easier.
We definitely put some smiles on the faces of children who wouldn't have had the Christmas they had hoped for.
Once again, from everyone at the Jackson Police Department, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
With your support I hope we can provide another great Christmas this year for those who need the help.
Lt. CHRIS J. MOUSER, Jackson Police Department