- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)1
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Jackson police: Thanks for toys
To the editor:On behalf of the Jackson Police Department, I want to extend a huge thank you to everyone who donated to our annual toy drive this past Christmas.
We had another great year, and with your support we were able to give a record amount of toys to needy children.
It would be impossible for me to list all of you who donated, but you know who you are. It was greatly appreciated.
This is a difficult time of year for some families, and with your support I hope we made it a little easier.
We definitely put some smiles on the faces of children who wouldn't have had the Christmas they had hoped for.
Once again, from everyone at the Jackson Police Department, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
With your support I hope we can provide another great Christmas this year for those who need the help.
Lt. CHRIS J. MOUSER, Jackson Police Department