- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)19
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)14
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Jackson police: Thanks for toys
To the editor:On behalf of the Jackson Police Department, I want to extend a huge thank you to everyone who donated to our annual toy drive this past Christmas.
We had another great year, and with your support we were able to give a record amount of toys to needy children.
It would be impossible for me to list all of you who donated, but you know who you are. It was greatly appreciated.
This is a difficult time of year for some families, and with your support I hope we made it a little easier.
We definitely put some smiles on the faces of children who wouldn't have had the Christmas they had hoped for.
Once again, from everyone at the Jackson Police Department, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
With your support I hope we can provide another great Christmas this year for those who need the help.
Lt. CHRIS J. MOUSER, Jackson Police Department