- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Seesing - 60 years
Mr. and Mrs. John T. Seesing of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary with a family reception Nov. 24, 2007. It was hosted by a son and daughter-in-law, Mark and Elizabeth Seesing, at their home.
J.T. and Joyce were married Nov. 15, 1947, at St. Mary Catholic Church in Waco, Texas, by the Rev. Floyd Bielamowtz.
One of their attendants was Albert Elfrink of Leopold, Mo.
The couple has six children, Paul (Debbie) Seesing of Cape Girardeau, David (Pat) Seesing of China Spring, Texas, Gary (Margaret) Seesing, Prairie Village, Kan., Jean (Lester) Harris, Mark (Elizabeth) Seesing, and Betty (Tim) Roth all of Cape Girardeau.
They have nine grandchildren, Lori, Greg, Jeff, Sara, Frances, Jack, Clare, Hannah, and Kirkland. The Seesings also have nine great-grandchildren, Taylor, Madison, Blake, Mason, Jake, Caitlin, Lacey, Luke and Lillian.
They have lived in Cape Girardeau all their married life. He was owner of Cape Central Airways until 1975, when they started J.T. Seesing Aviation Insurance.