- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)23
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Praise for county road workers
To the editor:In the Jan. 17 Southeast Missourian, the position of the sentences in the article about county road paving gave the impression I am distrustful of the county. Neither I nor anyone at the advisory committee meeting stated or implied distrust of the county.
I am proud of the county highway department and have complimented its staff several times on the excellent work done maintaining county roads. I feel the road advisory committee has faced formidable challenges. Everyone on the committee showed dedication to the task. They have put in hundreds, if not thousands, of hour in order to improve the county roads in an orderly manner.
I apologize to anyone who perceived an aura of distrust. It simply isn't there.
JOYCE HORKY, Burfordville, Mo.