- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Praise for county road workers
To the editor:In the Jan. 17 Southeast Missourian, the position of the sentences in the article about county road paving gave the impression I am distrustful of the county. Neither I nor anyone at the advisory committee meeting stated or implied distrust of the county.
I am proud of the county highway department and have complimented its staff several times on the excellent work done maintaining county roads. I feel the road advisory committee has faced formidable challenges. Everyone on the committee showed dedication to the task. They have put in hundreds, if not thousands, of hour in order to improve the county roads in an orderly manner.
I apologize to anyone who perceived an aura of distrust. It simply isn't there.
JOYCE HORKY, Burfordville, Mo.