- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)19
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
Praise for county road workers
To the editor:In the Jan. 17 Southeast Missourian, the position of the sentences in the article about county road paving gave the impression I am distrustful of the county. Neither I nor anyone at the advisory committee meeting stated or implied distrust of the county.
I am proud of the county highway department and have complimented its staff several times on the excellent work done maintaining county roads. I feel the road advisory committee has faced formidable challenges. Everyone on the committee showed dedication to the task. They have put in hundreds, if not thousands, of hour in order to improve the county roads in an orderly manner.
I apologize to anyone who perceived an aura of distrust. It simply isn't there.
JOYCE HORKY, Burfordville, Mo.