- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
Praise for county road workers
To the editor:In the Jan. 17 Southeast Missourian, the position of the sentences in the article about county road paving gave the impression I am distrustful of the county. Neither I nor anyone at the advisory committee meeting stated or implied distrust of the county.
I am proud of the county highway department and have complimented its staff several times on the excellent work done maintaining county roads. I feel the road advisory committee has faced formidable challenges. Everyone on the committee showed dedication to the task. They have put in hundreds, if not thousands, of hour in order to improve the county roads in an orderly manner.
I apologize to anyone who perceived an aura of distrust. It simply isn't there.
JOYCE HORKY, Burfordville, Mo.