- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)9
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)79
- Ragsdale to replace Farrow as principal at Franklin Elementary (3/29/17)5
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Suspended Southeast student pleads guilty to firearm charge from fatal Carbondale shooting (3/28/17)1
- Wide array of candidates run for Cape school board (3/27/17)7
Praise for county road workers
To the editor:In the Jan. 17 Southeast Missourian, the position of the sentences in the article about county road paving gave the impression I am distrustful of the county. Neither I nor anyone at the advisory committee meeting stated or implied distrust of the county.
I am proud of the county highway department and have complimented its staff several times on the excellent work done maintaining county roads. I feel the road advisory committee has faced formidable challenges. Everyone on the committee showed dedication to the task. They have put in hundreds, if not thousands, of hour in order to improve the county roads in an orderly manner.
I apologize to anyone who perceived an aura of distrust. It simply isn't there.
JOYCE HORKY, Burfordville, Mo.